Since launching its employment practice in 2014 when incorporating De Marco Solicitors, Askews Legal LLP’s dedicated team has developed a strong reputation among individuals and businesses in Coventry and Warwickshire businesses. The practice handles settlement agreements, Employment Tribunal work, employee relation issues, and also provides clients with an employment response retainer scheme. Team head Lianne Payne advised a manufacturing client on the exit of a senior executive, which involved the negotiation of an exit bonus as consideration for relinquishing share options; and represented a logistics company in a dispute concerning a breach of restrictive covenant and the ensuing injunctive relief and breach of contract claim.
If you’ve been mistreated at work it’s hard to know how to proceed. You need your job, of course, but you don’t need the stress of being treated badly. It’s common to think that if you do anything about it your situation may only get worse.
Our Solicitors in Coventry and Warwickshire can help
We know the law, and we know how to make the best of your situation.
If you need to take a stand against an employer you don’t need to do it alone. One of our Solicitors in Coventry and Warwickshire will fight for your rights, and for the others in your workplace who also need protection against unfair practices and discrimination. There are time limits though, so don’t delay in getting legal advice.
Types of cases we handle
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment. Are you working in an environment where unwanted touching or offensive jokes and comments are seen as normal? Is a boss or colleague making unwanted sexual advances? Are you being humiliated in front of colleagues? You deserve to work in an environment free of harassment and bullying. The law insists that employers hear any complaints and take the right steps to stop the harassment. If they don’t then our experienced employment solicitors can help you hold them accountable.
- Unfair or wrongful dismissal. If there was nothing wrong with your job performance but you were fired you may have an unfair dismissal case. You cannot be dismissed for things such as being pregnant, being part-time, being in a trade union, insisting that you earn the national minimum wage, or protecting yourself from serious and imminent danger.
- Constructive Dismissal. If you’re planning to leave your job because of your employer’s behaviour then call us first. You may have a case for constructive dismissal, but you need to go about it in the right way.
- Discrimination at work. Employers are prohibited from discriminating unfairly against you when making decisions about hiring, promoting, demoting, firing, training, providing benefits and more. For example, you cannot be harassed in relation to your sex or gender, race or nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. There’s a number of legal options available if you act quickly. One of our location employment solicitors will review your situation and advise if you can make a claim.
- Settlement Agreements or Compromise Agreements. If you’ve been offered a settlement or compromise agreement then we can make sure that it protects your rights.
- Transfer of Undertakings. If the business you work for has been sold or merged, your employment contract could be protected under TUPE Legislation.
The Employment Law team of expert ‘Legal 500 Solicitors’ at Askews Legal LLP are servicing businesses in Coventry & Warwickshire. The team are highly qualified specialists in Employment & Business Law and have featured for several years as Leading Lawyers in the Legal 500.
At Askews Legal LLP, Lianne Payne is ‘attentive, knowledgeable, approachable and reassuring’; she shows ‘energy, enthusiasm and empathy’… The firm’s client base has a strong SME focus. (Legal 500 2014 Edition)
As professional employment law Solicitors in Coventry, we work with you as the owner of the business, and your senior management team, to ensure that we resolve your Employment Law issue as quickly and as economically as possible. Our solicitors don’t just find legal solutions, we also recognise that a commercial outcome is frequently required.
Ask us about:
- A free initial consultation
- A complimentary Employment Contract Review
- Employment Tribunal Insurance
Call us today on 024 7623 1000 and we could be helping you straight away.
Our team of specialist solicitors provide expert legal advice on all aspects of Employment Law to include:
- Unfair Dismissal
- Settlement Agreements
- Employment Tribunal Proceedings
- Grievance & Disciplinary
- Contracts of Employment and Staff Handbooks