Askews Legal LLP provides a full service to both landlords and tenants in all sectors of the property market. We give clear and practical advice to enable our clients to achieve their objectives, whether that be a landlord seeking to create an investment or a tenant wishing to occupy on flexible terms, or to restrict the potential costs of repair and maintenance where the lease is for a shorter term.
Our Landlord and Tenant Solicitors in Coventry can help:
We understand the challenges of the landlord and tenant relationship and have acted on both sides of disputes. We are experienced in all matters relating to housing law including:
- Drafting tenancy agreements. We’ll make sure that everything is in order and that your rights are protected by law.
- Rent or mortgage arrears. If you’re behind in payments it doesn’t have to mean that you will be evicted. Our housing solicitors can help you negotiate a payment plan with your lender or landlord and negotiate a settlement before any eviction proceedings are lodged.
- Housing disrepair claims. Landlords have a responsibility to see that their property is kept in good repair. If they aren’t meeting their responsibilities we can help you bring a case against them.
- Eviction and repossession. If you can’t pay your mortgage or rent and are facing eviction, there are a number of avenues we can explore before you are actually evicted.
- Illegal eviction. If you are a tenant who has already been evicted, we might be able to have you allowed back into the property and be compensated for the eviction. If you’re a landlord being accused of illegal eviction, our housing solicitors can defend your rights.
- Harassment. If your landlord is behaving in a threatening manner, or visiting you without warning, we can have an injunction brought against them.
- Transfers and allocations of council accommodation. If you’ve applied for council accommodation, our housing solicitors can help guide you through the allocation scheme.
- Homelessness applications. If you’ve been made homeless you will be able to apply to your local council or housing association for housing. We can help with the application.
Whatever the brief, we have the experience and specialist ability to draft and negotiate the documentation to achieve the best available deal for our clients. We also have the expertise to handle every type of management issue including renewals, rent reviews, sub-lettings, alterations and assignments.
Contact one of Solicitors in Coventry today: email@example.com
Askews Legal LLP – Legal advice for landlords and tenants in the Coventry and Warwickshire region.