Energy performance certificate

Do I need an Energy Performance Certificate for my Commercial Property?

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), rates how energy efficient a building is using a rating system of A-G (A being the most efficient a building can be). In most circumstances, an EPC will be required but there are exceptions to this. When do I need an EPC? You must have an EPC in the following…

Stamp Duty Land Tax

Here at Askews Legal LLP we have a team of dedicated residential conveyancing specialists to assist you with all your conveyancing needs. This article provides a brief explanation about Stamp Duty and how it works. Remember you should always obtain specialist tax advice from a qualified expert, such as an accountant or a specialist tax…

Community and what levy?

When buying property, you might come across the term Community Infrastructure Levy (“CIL”) that may be imposed. This is a levy imposed by the local authority on development in certain areas, which becomes a contribution towards funding the provision of infrastructure in the area. The purpose of CIL is to ensure that, with new developments…

Is your ground rent grounded?

An issue that is becoming more and more prevalent in the world of leasehold properties is escalating ground rents. Newspapers in the past have reported the outrage of some property owners finding that their home has become unsellable because the doubling ground rent has spiralled into the thousands. This however is just the start of…

Do I need an Asbestos Survey for a Commercial Property?

If you own a commercial property, you’re looking to buy one or you’re a tenant or landlord of one, you may be responsible for managing any asbestos on the property. Without an asbestos survey you won’t know if there is asbestos in the property and therefore if you are responsible for managing it or not….

Are you looking for someone to help?

Let us help you! Call now: 02476 231000
Mon - Fri 09:00-17:00