A redundancy situation may arise where you:
- Cease or intend to cease to carry on your business (“Business Closure”);
- Cease or intend to cease to carry on your business in the place where your employees are employed (“Workplace Closure”); or
- Have a reduced/diminished requirement for employees to carry out work of a particular kind (“Reduced Requirement for Employees”).
It is essential that you comply with the law in relation to consultation and selecting the appropriate roles for redundancy.
A typical redundancy procedure will include:
- Announcement of a redundancy situation;
- Formally place employee(s) at ‘risk of redundancy’;
- If applicable, identify selection criteria/matrix used to score ‘at risk’ employees;
- Carry out individual consultation meetings with employee(s);
- Consider alternatives to redundancies (including suitable alternative employment);
- Advise employee(s) of their entitlements on redundancy; and
- Confirm redundancy dismissal.
Our employment law solicitors have extensive experience on advising throughout this difficult and stressful process. If you are considering a restructure or a potential redundancy situation, contact us today on 024 7623 1000
Contact one of our Solicitors in Coventry: firstname.lastname@example.org