Our Divorce Solicitors in Coventry offer a choice of ways of helping you through the Divorce procedure, depending on how much you want to spend and how much support you want from our Divorce Solicitors.
The court will only grant you a divorce if your marriage has irretrievably broken down.
Our Divorce Solicitors can advise you on areas such as this. However, for this you must show one of the following:
- Adultery by your husband or wife
- Unreasonable behaviour by your husband or wife
- Desertion for a period of at least two years
- Two years separation, if you both agree to the divorce
- Five years separation, if there is no agreement to the divorce
Our Divorce Solicitors can guide you through the three main stages of divorce:-
- You must submit a divorce petition to the court.
Application for decree nisi
- The court will send your divorce papers to your husband/wife and will ask him/her to acknowledge them and whether they agree or disagree to their contents
- Then you may apply for decree nisi
- The court will then consider all of the relevant information and decide whether you can have a divorce. If so, then the court will take the first step in your divorce called pronouncing decree nisi
Decree nisi to absolute
- This is the final stage of the divorce
- You can apply to the Court for your decree absolute, 6 weeks and 1 day after the date that your decree nisi was pronounced
Contact one of our Solicitors in Coventry today: