Askews Legal Licensing Department can offer guidance and representation in the following areas:
- Alcohol and Entertainment Licensing (including Sexual Entertainment Venues);
- Taxi Licensing;
- HGV and PSV Licensing;
- Scrap Metal Licensing.
Our extensive experience and commercial approach allows us to obtain the best and most cost-effective outcomes for our clients. We regularly instruct experienced specialist licensing counsel, based at No5 Chambers in Birmingham, to ensure our clients benefit from the highest quality advocacy at council meetings, in the Courts, and before the Traffic Commissioner.
1. Alcohol and Entertainment Licensing (including Sexual Entertainment Venues)
We have extensive experience assisting businesses and individuals in:
- Premises Licence applications and transfers;
- Premises Licence variations (including minor variations);
- Review hearings (including summary reviews);
- DPS applications and transfers;
- Personal Licence applications;
- Committee hearings and appeals at the Magistrates’ Court;
- Sexual Entertainment Venues Licence applications and hearings;
- Criminal proceedings arising from licensing matters.
2. Taxi Licensing
We regularly advise and represent clients from the taxi industry. We can help with:
- Private hire vehicle operator licence applications and hearings;
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire driver applications and renewals;
- Vehicle licence applications and renewals;
- Committee hearings and appeals at both the Magistrates’ Court and the Crown Court;
- Criminal proceedings relating to taxi drivers and operators.
3. HGV and PSV Licensing
We advise and represent clients from the Transport industry in:
- HGV and PSV Operator licence applications and variations;
- Operating Centre transfers;
- Traffic Commissioner public inquiries;
- Magistrates’ court proceedings, including appeals;
- Upper Tribunal Appeals.
4. Scrap Metal Licensing
The Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013 brought about a substantial change in the regulation of the scrap metal trade. We can help with:
- Collector’s and Site Licence applications;
- Local authority hearings;
- Magistrates’ court appeals;
- Criminal proceedings arising from scrap metal dealing.