A Notary is a qualified lawyer appointed by the Court of Faculties of the Archbishop of Canterbury to hold a unique public office. They are often lawyers who have the internationally recognised power and authority to consider, authenticate and certify documents for use abroad. They are also authorised to practise law generally with the exception of conducting court proceedings. A notary is bound by stringent practice rules and regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
What services can a Notary provide you or your business?
- A Notary prepares Notarial Acts, which are mainly documents for international use.
- Drafting, reviewing and explaining legal documents for international use.
- Certifying documents for example birth, death and marriage certificates, copy passport pages, academic qualifications, documents supporting adoption applications from abroad.
- Statutory Declarations and Affidavits.
- Power of Attorney to:
- To give someone abroad authority to act on your behalf to deal with property affairs
- For the purpose of litigation
- Dealing with other assets such as bank accounts
- Dealing with other official bodies
Arranging Legalisation of documents from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) to obtain an Apostille on the document that has to be notarised.
Our Notary sits at our Coventry office 5 days of the week so there will be no delay in having your document notarised, this is all the more important if you have an emergency or need to fly out of the country without delay.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with our Kuljeet Sandhu Solicitor and experienced Notary in Coventry.