02476 231000
Mon - Fri 09:00-17:00

This was prepared under the old regime, and is a document that appoints someone (‘an attorney’) to help manage your money, property and financial affairs.

In October 2007, the EPA was replaced by the Property and Financial Affairs Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA).

Can I still use an EPA?

If you prepared an EPA before October 2007, and provided it was signed and executed accordingly it will be valid, and you should be able to use it. If you have mental capacity and simply require some assistance, your Attorney can use the EPA to help manage your finances. Normally banks will require certified copies of the original EPA, in order that your Attorneys can manage your accounts. 

Can I amend an EPA?

No. If the EPA no longer serves its purpose then, you will need to set up an LPA instead.

When should an EPA registered?

If you lose mental capacity or are starting to lose mental capacity, your attorney must register the EPA to start or continue to use it. They will need to follow the registration process set out by the Office of the Public Guardian.

Are decisions relating to my Health and Welfare covered by an EPA?

No, however you can prepare a Health and Welfare Lasting Power of Attorney to sit alongside your existing EPA.

Here at Askews, we would be happy to discuss your EPA and any questions or concerns you may have. Please contact Stephanie Napier on 024 76231000 or stephanie@askewslegal.co

    Online Enquiry

    At Askews Legal LLP, our aim is to exceed expectations, making your time with us as stress and worry free as possible.

    I consent to having this website store my submitted information so they can respond to my enquiry

    Are you looking for someone to help?

    Let us help you! Call now: 02476 231000

    Mon - Fri 09:00-17:00